The Carthage Area Chamber of Commerce extends a warm welcome to all residents, newcomers, and visitors. Founded in 1921, our Organization continually works to help the businesses and people of our community, including and surrounding the villages of Carthage and West Carthage, and the towns of Champion and Wilna.
We invite you to explore our area by visiting local businesses and organizations, and by talking with the people you see in our businesses and on our streets. As the Carthage Area Chamber, we have compiled a list of our members in this directory in hopes to help you engage in all that our area has to offer.
The Carthage Area Chamber of Commerce always welcomes new members. If you are interested in our membership benefits or joining the chamber, please click here.
- Increase exposure for members and expand our membership by attracting new and existing businesses.
- Market the Greater Carthage Area to the rest of Jefferson County, the North Country, and to Fort Drum. By initiating and maintaining communication between our members, the business community, and the community at large, the Chamber hopes to share Carthage area resources with a wider audience.
- Support the troops and their families stationed at Fort Drum, by continually strengthening our relationship with the Base and welcoming the military community into our own community.
- Continually develop and implement new methods and strategies to create a warm and inviting feeling for visitors and members of our community.
Board of Directors
President: Tina Lanier, AmeriCU Credit Union | Magical Vacation Planner
Vice President: Kristy O'Shaughnessy, Village Clerk, Village of Carthage
Secretary: Nancy Rome: Owner Rome RSA Realty
Treasurer: Robert Sligar: Carthage Federal Savings & Loan
Justina Jarrard: Carthage Area Chamber of Commerce Executive Director
Derek Davis: General Manager, Slack Chemical
Robert Kuklinca: Ox Specialty Paper, LLC
Jennifer Premo: Carthage Central School District
Taylour Scanlin: Carthage Area Hospital
Kelly Shanahan: Carthage Savings & Loan
Amy McEathron: I.M.E.C
Lydia Young: Young Law Firm
Emily Remington-Burker: Carthage Central School District
Honorary Lifetime Board Member:
Ronald Roch: Farmers Market
Member Benefits Include:
With all of these advantages, plus much more…Why Not Join The Chamber?
- Free Listing: Your business's name and contact information will be displayed twice in our Membership Directory for free. Our www.carthageny.com website will also include this information and a free link to your company site.
- Sponsorship: Opportunities to sponsor Chamber events and receive the associated advertising and exposure in local media, website promotion, recognition at the event, and monthly mailings.
- Bulk Mailing: Use of the Chamber's bulk mailing permit, which offers reduced postage rates for mailings of 200 or more pieces.
- Referrals: Distribution of your business information and priority over other non-member businesses for referrals.
- Mail Insertions: The opportunity to reach over 300 businesses and organizations with your business pamphlet as an insertion to our membership mailing for the low cost of $50. And because we value your membership, your first insertion as a new member will be free.
- Promotional Opportunities: Special opportunities to promote your business in television and print media.
Joining the Chamber gains you access to close to 200 local businesses, networking opportunities, the opportunity to showcase your business or organization, as well making a strong statement of community support. In addition, the Chamber passes on different savings programs and opportunities to all its members as they become available.
As our population in the area has so many people coming and going, it is very common for newcomers to the area to immediately research new business through the local chamber, and your membership provides you with on-line membership listing as well as our printed membership directory.